Saturday 17 May 2014

12th May - 18th May 2014 - One Picture Everyday For One Year

This week has been a hard week which has ended well.

The twins have been poorly all week. Their temperatures have been up and down, they're full of cold, coughing like mad, you get the picture! It is challenging when they are both under the weather at the same time. They have both been more clingy but have been winding each other up like mad! Thankfully over the weekend they have been picking up.

We have finished the week in the garden, enjoying good food, drinks and great company!

Here is our week in pictures...

Monday 12th May 2014
 
 
Monday was a day full of baking. I baked a very delicious and a very naughty Malteaser Chocolate Malt Cake, bread and ginger tea loaf. Then I got the biggest surprise ever when I logged on to Foodies100 and saw my score this month! I am hoping it is not a mistake so I am enjoying the badge while I have got it!
 
Tuesday 13th May 2014
 




 
On Tuesday we had a fun walk home from school. We went on a treasure hunt for the Tots100 and Kia Walk to School competition. We even got my mum friends and their children involved. We all commented on what a lovely stroll home we had and how the children enjoyed it!
 
Wednesday 14th May 2014
 

 
On Wednesday I had a clingy little lady who ended up sleeping on me during nap time. However they did manage to get outside after lunch which cheered them both up.
 
Thursday 15th May 2014
 

 
The twins had really been off their food so to try and tempt them I did them a picnic to have in the garden. I turned their Rokka boat over so that it was the picnic bench and I told them to go and sit down. The first picture is what I went outside to! Bless them, they had sat down albeit in the wrong place!
 
Friday 16th May 2014
 
 
Friday was a manic day of preparation for Saturdays BBQ that we had planned. I attempted my first plait loaf and was pleased with the results. I also baked two cakes and made a lemon cheesecake. As well as being busy in the kitchen we had a trip to the doctors for the twins to be checked. They have got a viral infection so we are just keeping up with calpol when needed.
 
Saturday 17th May 2014
 
 

 
Saturday was a big day for us. We had all of the hubby's family over for his mums birthday. This is the first time that we have had everyone round to our house for a meal. As it was a sunny day the BBQ came out and we all enjoyed being outside. I was delighted with all of the food that I had prepared and hubby did a great job of cooking the meat. We enjoyed some drinks, good food and the sunshine. The twins did so well, they are still very shy and when they see people that they haven't seen in a while they become clingy and don't speak. But after a while they were their usual happy selves. All in all it was a fab day and the birthday girl had a lovely day!
 
Sunday 18th May 2014
 
 
My Silent Sunday, me and my little lady x
 
Have a great week x
 
As always I am sharing our week in pictures with

The Boy and Me's Project 365
Make Do and Push's The Week That Was Captured
 

TheBoyandMe's 365 Linky

26 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear they've both been poorly. We had the same here last week and they also wind each other up :(

    Love the seasaw/boat/table its awesome.
    Hope everyone feels better soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure if my comment went through, but I'm glad the twins are getting better, and am super impressed by all the delicious food you prepared!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yummy food, i bet there is always something to do with kids, i have 1 month of freedom left)

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a busy week Kirsty, i am loving that cake my lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A gorgeous set of photos, the birthday tea looked great and loving all the outdoor play!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that picnic bench - so sweet! It's so hard when illness kicks in isn't it? I'm loving this weather though as being able to get out, even if someone is feeling poorly makes all the difference. Hope everyone stays well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What what a busy week and two under the weather children too. I love the plait loaf!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you've been very busy - that birthday cake looks very scrummy too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a busy week. I love that plait loaf. And the twins have such a cute outdoor table.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh hun, I am sorry that they have been poorly, I bet that is a challenge. That is very inventive turning the boat over, it's perfect for them. Have a lovely week hun xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely gorgeous photos! Love the boat come picnic table!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like a busy week, I love your photos. We've taken part in the competition too, it's so much fun x #365

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely birthday spread, well done on producing such a wonderful mix and the cake looks great. Glad that the birthday went down well. I love the photos from your walk on Tuesday, so happy and smiley.

    Thanks for linking up to Project 365.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely photos! Glad the week ended well xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. fbulus pics hun, I should join in i am not so great taking pics but do take soo many x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Busy week - glad you have a lovely family BBQ and well done on your foodies score x x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well done on your Foodies100 score!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sounds like a tough week but I am glad things picked up for you and you could enjoy the nice weather at the end of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  19. We really enjoyed the Kia walk to school challenge too. I love that Rokka boat

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hope the twins are feeling better now!! looks like you had a busy week, love all your food photos, even if they do make me extremely hungry ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  21. love all the home baking, I not done any for a while as have had no spare time, but that looks a great spread so a huge well done. Also well done on your foodies score, it is nice to get up the rankings even though we all blog for the fun of it.
    My daughter finds the same if the twins are not well, that it is hard to pacify both at one time

    ReplyDelete
  22. such a shame the twins have been so unwell
    well done on your much deserved foodies score - you do so many food posts and work hard so well done lovely.
    i am so impressed with your plait and all the baking you did for the birthday party - i think you are getting lots of practice in for the GBBO later this year :) x x

    ReplyDelete
  23. An amazing score! Well done!!!! So much tasty food :)

    Thanks for linking up to #TWTWC xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x