Monday 26 May 2014

Weekly Meal Plan - Week Commencing 26th May 2014

Last weeks meal plan went completely out the window!

Last week I decided to cook as many vegetarian meals as possible as it was National Vegetarian week. I didn't say anything to my meat loving family as I knew what their reaction would be.

Out of the 5 week day meals, 4 were vegetarian!

I even cooked a spaghetti bolognese using a meat substitute which was eaten without question! I will definitely be keeping a bag in the freezer from now on for days when I have forgotten to take any meat out of the freezer or even as a cheap alternative!

The hubby has got a few days off this week and it is half term so I am planning this week's meals but they could change!

This is what we will be enjoying this week...

Week Commencing 26th May 2014

Garlic Chicken Kiev

This is an easy meal for today. I will serve with homemade chips and salad.

Moussaka

As we recently bought an Aubergine plant I bought some this week for the children to try. Moussaka is a great way for them to have their first taste and get lots of vegetables too!

Roasted Pork Shoulder

This is a meal which I meant to cook the other week. I always cook pork shoulder as a pulled pork meal so I thought I would try roasting one to see how it is. This is a really cheap joint of meat and I am hoping it'll be a great way to enjoy a roast dinner!

Rosemary and Garlic Chicken

This is chicken that has garlic butter and rosemary rubbed over the top then roasted. I will serve with new potatoes and either salad or vegetables.

Fish Pie

I love fish pie and we haven't had one in a while so when I go shopping I'll be buying some fish.

I haven't planned a meal for Saturday as they do have a tendency to change.

Have a great week x

 
As always I will be sharing my meal plan with At Home With Mrs M - Meal Planning Monday



Meal Planning Monday

4 comments:

  1. All sounds lovely! I really like pork shoulder - I roasted one in our slow cooker once and it turned out absolutely beautifully.

    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of family favourites here. Good luck with the aubergine plant, I love eating what you've grown x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! Everything sounds great!
    Fish pie is a fave in our house too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That all sounds delicious! Love moussaka, one of my favourites!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x