Monday 26 May 2014

Mixed Fruit Crumble Cakes

We always enjoy cupcakes, however we don't always want ones with butter icing.

So I decided to make some mini versions of my crumble cakes. I have previously made both Rhubarb and Banana Crumble Cake and Lemon and Lime Crumble Cake as large cakes so this time I decided I would make some mini versions.


This is what I did...

Mixed Fruit Crumble Cakes

Ingredients

150g butter
150g caster sugar
3 eggs at room temperature
125g self raising flour
25g ground almonds
Mixed fruit jam

55g plain flour
30g butter, cubed
10g brown flour
10g caster sugar
20g muesli
10g chopped hazelnuts

Method

Pre heat the oven to 180C

1 - Mix together the butter and caster sugar until light and creamy

2 - Add the eggs one at a time with a little flour to prevent curdling

3 - Sift in the flour and add the ground almonds and mix until all of the ingredients are evenly combined

4 - To make the crumble rub the butter into the flour and sugars to make a bread crumb consistency

5 - Add in the muesli and hazelnuts

6 - Put about 1 dessert spoon of cake mixture into the bun cases

7 - Place half a teaspoon of jam in the centre of the cake mixture

8 - Sprinkle over the crumble mix

9 - Place in the centre of the pre heated oven and bake for about 20 minutes

These delicious buns are a great treat when still slightly warm. They can be enjoyed as they are of accompanied by a scoop of ice cream or whipped cream.

Enjoy x

8 comments:

  1. These look and sound delicious - adding these to my to do list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum - these look scrummy (especially with a cup of tea and a dollop of double cream)! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum yum yum! I am discovering that cake is good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the sound of them with whipped cream :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really do like the look and sound of these. And you say serve with ice-cream? Even better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i am liking the sound of these - crumble and cake together is a great idea x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my word - I love these! J loves fruit puddings and I love baking muffins and cakes. The perfect pairing (or pearing haha). I must try these! :-)
    Love Vicky
    Around and Upside Down

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a great idea! these look fantastic! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x