Monday 19 May 2014

Weekly Meal Plan - Week Commencing 19th May 2014

This week it is National Vegetarian Week.
 
I am going to be preparing more meat free meals this week to try and show my family that vegetables can be just as tasty without the meat! One day I am going to be making a meat based meal using Quorn to see if they can tell the difference or if anyone notices that I have not used meat. So fingers crossed I can fool them!

Last week I made a delicious vegetarian meal of Roasted Butternut Squash Spaghetti which went down a treat! My eldest son even enjoyed helping me to prepare the meal. This recipe was featured as my Cheap Budget Recipe. Follow the link for the recipe!

This is what we will be enjoying this week...

Week Commencing 19th May 2014

Mozzarella, Basil and Tomato Tart

When it is beautiful weather like today I love a light meal. So I am going to be making a Mozzarella, basil and tomato tart and serve it with jacket potatoes and salad.
 
Mushroom Stroganoff

Anything mushroom based is loved in this house. This week I am going to be making a mushroom stroganoff served with rice.

Garlic and Rosemary Chicken

I will be serving this with roasted vegetables

Mackerel Stir Fry

This was a meal which I had planned for last week, however I forgot to get the stir fry ingredients when I went shopping so I ended up cooking an alternative meal.

Spaghetti Bolognese

This is going to be my meal made with Quorn. I will let you know how we get on!

Steak Pie and Vegetable Pie

I will be making a steak pie, mainly for the hubby, but will also make a veggie pie so that both can be tried.

Have a lovely week x
 
 
As always I am sharing my Weekly Meal Plan with At Home With Mrs M's Meal Planning Monday

Meal Planning Monday

1 comment:

  1. Love the sound of your tart and the mushroom stroganoff, I bet they can't taste the difference with the quorn! Enjoy x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x