Thursday 1 May 2014

How Does Your Garden Grow - Week 18





We did not get any gardening done last weekend as I was out. However the hubby did manage to clear out the sheds which has been a long overdue job! We can now get in and find what we want in all three sheds! This is something we have never been able to do.
 
Our garden is showing more signs of the changing seasons and we have more colur starting to emerge. The seedings are coming on strong and we are looking forward to reaping the benefits of our hard work and having a lot of homegrown vegetables!
 
We have moved the chicken coop which has left a lovely large area free. Hubby is now planning his next big project which will be to build a green house! This is going to be a great project which I am looking forward to seeing become a reality!
 
This is how our garden has grown this week...

 
Where the chickens were 

The chickens new home


We have a single Azalea flower

I love the colour and texture of the Silver Dust

The Stocks are ready to flower

While some have already flowered

I cannot wait to see the purple Alium open

Tiny buds are forming on the Hydrangea

The Bluebells are opening

The Broad Beans are shooting up


The beautiful Lilac

The potato plants are coming through


I am sharing this post with Mammasaurus How Does Your Garden Grow?

Mammasaurus and How Does Your Garden Grow?

10 comments:

  1. The chickens home and veggie patch look great!
    I've been trying to remember the name of Silver Dust for ages, I kept calling them Bunny Rabbit ears!
    Good luck with the green house building

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You have been so busy! I love your lilac, we had one in our last house which I adored.

    ReplyDelete
  3. my husband cleaned out our shed this past weekend too! made such a difference. i love how much space you have!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those Lilac! They are so pretty! I love that you are gorwing veggies and you have chicken too! This is a dream for me .. to have chickens & garden.. actually might have want a fram =P

    Thanks for sharing your garden, it is pretty!
    #HDYGG

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lot going on in your garden - I love it. I cannot wait to get my raised beds finished now - such veg envy at the moment!!!! Lovely to see chickens roaming - I'm toying with the idea of getting quail, we lost our chickens to horrible red mite a few years back and I haven't been able to bring myself to get anymore since as it was just a horrible time.
    Maybe I'll man up!

    Thanks for sharing again this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is so gratifying watching it all changing and growing, isn't it? Good luck with the green house. Mich x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like so much hard work has been going on and you will be reaping the benefits. What lucky chickens to have such a lovely coop.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how wonderful there is so much happening! Must be great seeing the rewards after working so hard. The chickens look happy in their new home, must be great to have them. Look forward to seeing everything grow :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I didn't even know that Silver Dust was called Silver Dust, so I've learnt something today - thank you!
    So glad I found your blog - and those chickens do look as though they're enjoying themselves - must go and clean mine out now!!
    Emma :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The chickens look happy. Great to see things budding after all your hard work. Must feel so satisfying. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x