Monday 12 May 2014

Weekly Meal Plan - Week Commencing 12th May 2014

After a very lazy last week and a lot of over indulgence while we were away we really need to detox a little.

When I say I detox I just mean we don't drink alcohol and eat a bit healthier nothing drastic!

This week I have got a lot of vegetables in the fridge as we were away. Which is great, as we will be budgeting a bit more over the next few weeks after an expensive few days away and the hubby 's greenhouse project.

This is what we will be enjoying this week...

Week Commencing 12th May 2014

Beef in Red Wine Stew

I know it has alcohol in but it is some that we have got left from Sunday dinner so instead of drinking it I am going to cook with it! I have some leftover vegetables too so they will go perfectly with this.

Butternut Squash Spaghetti

I will roast the squash then scoop the flesh out, toss in olive oil, add onions, mushrooms and some pesto before mixing with the spaghetti.

Chilli Chicken Parcels

When I was sorting through my freezer I found some chicken parcels that we treated ourselves too when we visited a farm shop. They will be served with mashed potatoes and vegetables.

Mackerel Stir Fry

We love fish and mackerel is lovely when fried in a little oil and goes perfectly in a stir fry.

Roasted Pork Shoulder

I have a couple of pork shoulder joints in the freezer. Instead of slow cooking it and having pulled pork I am gong to drizzle olive oil over it, rub in fresh rosemary and roast it. We will enjoy this with vegetables and sweet potato.

Have a lovely week x

 
As always I am sharing my weekly meal plan with At Home With Mrs M's Meal Planning Monday
 
Meal Planning Monday

2 comments:

  1. Gosh what a wonderful menu! I've been feeling totally uninspired for the week here, now I'm craving something from the slow cooker!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Butternut Squash Spaghetti sounds delicious!
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x