Tuesday 6 May 2014

Vanilla and Orange Blosson Profiteroles

I love profiteroles!

I love the crisp choux pasty that encases cool cream topped with a warm chocolate sauce...

Mmmmm just the thought of them leaves me wanting more!

So this weekend I decided I would make some. But in my true form I wanted to put a twist on the traditional and make some different flavoured ones.

I made half with a vanilla cream filling, half with orange blossom filling and mixed them all together so that you got a mixture of the two individual flavours.

Traditional profiteroles are filled with creme patisserie, however in a busy family home it is not always the easiest of fillings to make. So with my easy profiteroles I have used whipped cream which works just as well and is so much easier and quicker.

This is what I did...

Vanilla and Orange Blossom Profiteroles

Ingredients

100mls water
45g butter, unsalted
60g plain flour
2 medium eggs, at room temperature
250mls double cream
1/2tspn vanilla paste
1/4tspn orange blossom water
250g dark chocolate (60 - 70% cocoa solids)
50mls cream
40g butter
30g caster sugar

Method

Pre heat the oven to 200C, gas mark 6

1 - Place the water and butter into a pan over a medium heat and bring to the boil

2 - Once the butter has all melted remove from the heat and stir in the flour

3 - Return to the heat for a couple of minutes and continue stirring

4 - Place the mixture into a mixing bowl and allow to cool slightly before adding the eggs one at a time

5 - Spoon the choux mixture into a piping bag with a medium sized nozzle

6 - Line a couple of baking trays with baking paper and pipe on the choux mixture leaving approximately 2 -3 cms between each roll

7 - Place in the pre heated oven for 15 - 25 minutes at 200C, depending on the size of your rolls they take about 20 minutes to brown off, for smaller ones it will take less time as larger ones will take longer

 
8 - Once the choux rolls have browned off turn the heat down to 150C and bake for a further 10 - 20 minutes, again time is dependent on the size of the rolls

9 - Once baked remove from the oven and leave to cool completely before filling

10 - To make the filling simply whip the double cream and separate into two bowls

11 - In one bowl stir in the vanilla paste while in the other stir in the orange blossom water

12 - Take the choux rolls and cut a small slit on the base

13 - Spoon the cream into piping bags and using a long small nozzle gently place the end of the nozzle into the choux rolls and squeeze in the cream filling

14 - To make the chocolate sauce, melt the chocolate in a glass bowl over boiling water, add the butter and stir until melted

15 - Sprinkle in the sugar and stir until dissolved

16 - Remove from the heat and stir in the cream and drizzle over the profiteroles

Profiteroles are delicious when served with the warm chocolate sauce. As my profiteroles are filled with cream they are an easy, delicious dessert to make. They are perfect to either enjoy as a family or to treat any dinner guests!

Enjoy x


Disclosure: This recipe was made using ingredients that I bought during my #MorrisonsMum shopping trip. You can read how I got on during my shopping trip here and see my pulled pork recipe here

I am sharing my profiteroles recipe with:

Javelin Warrior's Made With Love Monday
A Mummy Too's Recipe of the Week
Casa Costello's Bake of the Week
Honest Mum's Tasty Tuesdays

Pop over and take a look at some of the delicious recipes that have been shared!

Made with Love Mondays, hosted by Javelin Warrior
 
Link up your recipe of the week
 
Casa Costello
 
Tasty Tuesdays on HonestMum.com

9 comments:

  1. Oh hem, I have got to make these - I love Orange Blossom so much - you got loads of profiteroles out of your recipe! Thanks for joining in with Bake of the Week once again x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo!!! I love profiteroles! They look so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You make it look so easy. I'd never be brave enough myself

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never been a big fan of profiteroles, but the vanilla and orange blossom could bring me round....
    #Recipeoftheweek

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look just perfect - and whipped cream is definitely so much easier than pastry cream and just as craveable. Love the creative twist of orange blossom...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keep meaning to have a go at profiteroles and love your twist on an old classic. Commenting for myself and on behalf of BritMums and thanking you for taking part

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh hun, this dish is STUNNING! Love profiteroles so much-balls of happiness! Thanks for linking up to #tastytuesdays

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh missus! now you have me craving profiterols! Yum yum!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x