Saturday 10 May 2014

Bath Food - Review

Photograph courtesy of Bath Food
When I was asked if I would like to try some handmade artisan soaps I jumped at the chance!
It gave me the perfect opportunity and excuse to have a good pamper session!
I was very kindly sent a selection of soaps and a fantastic bath bomb!
When I opened the goodie bag I found:
  • Oats, Milk and Honey Shea Butter Soap
  • Nettle and Tea Tree Shea Butter Soap
  • Clementine Shea Butter Soap
  • Lavender Bath Bomb
  • Piece of the Lavender and Amber Soap
Does your skin react to soap, irritated, dry, itchy. Many supermarket soaps are made using cheap ingredients such as detergents and using petroleum and chemicals such as parabans to make soap foam which can be toxic to your skin, causing it to dry out and cause reactions like eczema, these are not actually soap at all.
Information courtesy of Bath Food
I couldn't wait to start trying them!
The first one that I unwrapped was the beautifully presented Nettle and Tea Tree Shea Butter soap. This now has pride of place next to the kitchen sink.

I have always suffered with dry hands. This is mainly due to them being in and out of water all day.
This soap, did what liquid soaps haven't done, it left my hands feeling immediately moisturised. It has a very subtle scent which is perfect for when in the kitchen cooking.
This soap is available with a lovely wooden soap rack which would make a lovely gift.
After a recommendation I decided to try the Oats, Milk and Honey Shea Butter soap on the children.
Joseph suffers with quite bad dry skin and gets a thick moisturiser on prescription. So I knew that he would really be able to test out this soap.
I was delighted with the results!
His skin felt moisturised and was not irritated. He too was surprised how the itching that he is prone to was soothed.
The twins gave the soap a trial run too and I was really pleased with how smooth their skin felt as the soap was rinse off.
As is has a gentle scent of milk and honey it is perfect for children!


The Clementine Shea Butter soap smells absolutely divine and has such a summery scent to it!

I used this lovely soap and found that it was great to use instead of a shaving gel for my legs. It left them feeling silky soft and I had no after shaving irritation.


The Lavender bath bomb was just as great as the other products. This turned the bath water a lovely purple colour and left my skin feeling so smooth!

I cannot recommend using Bath Food enough!

The products have all been handmade to the highest quality. They all contain natural products and no harsh chemicals. This makes the products ideal for a family as everyone can use them regardless of skin problems or age.

Bath Food is available from the lovely Helen at The Good Life Mum pop over and take a look at the lovely pamper products that she makes and visit her shop !

Disclosure: I was sent the soap for the purpose of this review. No payment was received. All views and opinions are my own and 100% honest.

I am sharing this review with My Family Fever and We're Going On An Adventure Tried and Tested.
We're going on an adventure

2 comments:

  1. These sound amazing, just perfect for being kind to the skin. Will be hoping over and giving them a try I feel #triedtested

    ReplyDelete
  2. This soap sounds good enough to eat, lol. Lovely flavours and ingredients! simply lush

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x