Friday 16 May 2014

Planning a BBQ Birthday Party!

We are doing something that we have never done before.

We are entertaining!

We tend to keep ourselves to ourselves. If we do anything it is normally with our parents. We are happy that way and we love spending time together as a family.

Tomorrow, however, we are having guests round and we are hosting a birthday party for my mother in law! There is not going to be a lot of us and it will just be family. But there are still going to be 10 of us!

All week I have been looking through books to get ideas for the food. As tomorrow is going to be another sunny day (please don't change!) we are having a BBQ. This does ease the pressure off me a little as the hubby is in charge of the meats. But as I want everything to be perfect I won't relax until everyone is say down and enjoying their food.

This is what I have got planned...

Meats

Burgers
Sausages
Chicken

Side Dishes

Green leaf salad
Cucumbers
Tomatoes
Cherry tomatoes stuffed with cream cheese
Mary Berry's Goats Cheese and Tomato Canapes
Pesto and Parmesan bread
Mushroom pate/dip on crackers
Bread sticks
Peppers
Celery

Pudding

Birthday cake - Paul Hollywood's Black Forest Gateaux with a twist!
Lemon cheesecake

I am hoping that will be enough!

Today I am preparing as much as I can ahead of tomorrow. I have got my dough proving and I am baking the cake this afternoon and preparing the cheesecake.

I hope that once everything is done I will be able to sit back and enjoy the day.

A summery glass of Pimms and lemonade will help calm the nerves I am sure!

I will be writing a post about how it all went and I am hoping that I will have a few recipes to share.

Have a lovely weekend x

2 comments:

  1. Preparation (LOL) is the key, right? That and doing lots ahead and remembering that everyone will be having to much fun to be critical. Enjoy your party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that's a great menu, I am however missing my invitation ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x