Friday 16 May 2014

Word of the Week - 16th May 2014

The word that sums up this week is one that sums up today.
 
If I had to pick a word which sums up this week it would probably revolve around coughs, colds, snotty noses, temperatures and grumpy poorly kiddies!
 
But I want to focus on them getting better and the weekend, in particular tomorrow.  That is why my word this week is
 
PREPARATION!
 
I have got a lot of preparation to be done today.
 
I have been planning the weekend all week.
 
Tomorrow we are entertaining! This is something that we don't do often. Yes we have parents round but that's about it. Tomorrow we have my husbands sisters coming for my mother in laws birthday.
 
No pressure then!
 
Well yes there is a bit, I want it to look and taste perfect!
Food is my passion and for me it is so important that people enjoy what I have made because I give it my all!

I have got the meal planned. As its going to be a nice day we're having a barbecue which the hubby will be in charge of. That leaves the salads, canapés, side dishes to me and not forgetting the birthday cake and second choice of dessert!

Today's preparation is to bake the cake, make the second dessert, bake a sharing loaf and make the pate. Then doing the rest tomorrow, fresh on the day.
 
Wish me luck!
 
I am sharing my word of the week with The Reading Residence Word of the Week pop over and see what others have selected as their word of the week!
 
The Reading Residence

6 comments:

  1. Oh hun it sounds like you are on fire! Have a lovely time entertaining! How very posh, can we come :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That doers sound like a lot of preparation! I wish you luck with it, as it all sounds fabulous! Have fun :) Thanks for sharing with #WotW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck! I hope it goes well! Have a great time x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a lot of work but always good to be prepared! Good luck! #wotw

    ReplyDelete
  5. You sound just like me! Preparation is definitely the key to successful entertaining :-) Hope it goes well and everyone has lots of fun #WotW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oohh exxciting times! Good luck! #wotw

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x