Monday 12 May 2014

Point + Shoot in York - 8th May - 11th May 2014

This week my point and shoot post is going to be a little different. I am going to make it into a long weekend post. I have so many pictures from our trip to York and not many from the weekend once we got back so I thought that I would combine our not so eventful weekend with an amazing few days!

On Thursday we started our time out, a time to be us again, a time to give our full attention to each other.

As all parents will know that is a hard thing to do when the kids are running around and once they're in bed all you want to do is sleep. You do get stuck in a routine. So it was lovely to break away from the norm for a while.

We started our time by visiting a very special place. We returned to the hotel where we were married 3 years ago for meal. As soon as we walked in I felt so emotional as all of the memories came flooding back. We started remembering things about the day that we had forgotten and it was lovely to spend some time reminiscing about our perfect day. As we walked through to find a table we bumped into our Master of Ceremonies, Rob, I was amazed when he recognised us! We chatted and told him about the twins. He said that he had the perfect table for us, and it was perfect! We were sat in the room where we had our wedding ceremony. We enjoyed a delicious meal and have promised ourselves a visit for our next wedding anniversary.


The room where we were married


The garden where a lot of our photographs were taken

The hubby and I

After our meal we made our way into York to our hotel before going to see the brilliant Paul Hollywood! You can read all about the great show here.
 
Our view of the River Ouse from our room


Clifford's Tower


Pre show drinks



 
On Friday we spent the day shopping in York and visited the Minster. It truly is a magnificent building.
 

Treated ourselves to some cake from the iconic Betty's


Walking down the Shambles



York Minster






Ready to go out


Enjoying a delicious meal


A night time stroll along the riverside

We returned home on the Saturday. In comparison to the previous days the weekend was pretty uneventful. We just spent time together with the children and got back into our regular routines.
 
York did the hubby and I the world of good and we are already planning when we can do it again. Admittedly it probably won't be until next year, but we're enjoying planning.
 



I am sharing our long weekend with the lovely Em at Snowing Indoors Point + Shoot
 

Point+Shoot_snowingindoors.com

24 comments:

  1. Ahhh Happy Anniversary - as great as it is being parents it's always so special to spend time together as a couple xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary looks like you had a great break from the routine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes it just helps to break away from the routine, even if for a little bit. Gives you a fresh perspective on things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary! I can just imagine how emotional you must have felt going back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary to you both, great photos. Love the pictures. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks like you had a fabulous time, and happy anniversary x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you had such a wonderful weekend and anniversary. Going away just the two of you must have been magic. Thanks for joining in with Point + Shoot xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Anniversary! I always have a great time when I go to York, I'm pleased that you both had a great time there too. We have found that it is difficult to get some quality time with your partner after having children but it is always much more special when it does happen. And mmm... Betty's! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. We only live an hour from York and I think it is one of my favorite places

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy anniversary. York is lovely, I have only been once but would love to go back. I have been thinking of visiting Gretna Green to revisit where we got married ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love York and Betty's, sounds like a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I live quite near York and I love visiting - it's so beautiful and I love the shops there!

    ReplyDelete
  13. lovely photos, I haven't been to York for years x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Anniversary hun! I am so pleased that you had a great time, looks fantastic. I love the picture of your man kissing your head, so adorable xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy anniversary trip! I've never been to York, I'm very envious that you got a weekend away!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What fab pics! I love the shots of the great architecture around York, and the pics of you and hubs are great. You can really see how much you love each other <3
    Love Vicky
    http://www.aroundandupsidedown.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  17. We had our honeymoon in York, leaving my eldest with my Mum. Those two nights were the last child free nights I've had since lol! (And that was in 1999...) So glad you had time together, it is important.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Anniversary! We've moved 200miles away from where we married, and it would be wonderful to revisit. So glad you made the most of the weekend- Betty's and Paul Hollywood- super envy!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy Anniversary - we went back to our venue for our first one and it was extra special. How lovely that the master of ceremonies recognised you too x

    ReplyDelete
  20. How lovely for you to go back to where you got married! And i am still do jealous about you seeing Paul Hollywood and him talking to you!!! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy Anniversary! How wonderful to visit the place you got married x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy anniversary! How wonderful to go back and have all this lovely memories. X

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x