Sunday 11 May 2014

5th May - 11th May 2014 - One Picture Everyday For One Year

Wow what an amazing week we have had!

The beginning of the week started with quality family time during the bank holiday, followed by a mad couple of days before the hubby and I escaped reality and had some much deserved time out!

Here is our week in pictures...

Monday 5th May 2014
 


On Monday I we went to collect Joseph's new glasses. I was so proud of him! He made my heart melt when I looked at him and thought how grown up he was looking! He is so keen to wear his glasses, albeit a bit too keen sometimes wearing them when he doesn't need to, but I am sure the novelty will soon wear off! Afterwards we had a meal with some family and the twins discovered the fun of the park. They were so adventurous we had a job to get them away!

Tuesday 6th May 2014
 


On Tuesday I had a busy day in the kitchen and writing. I made my toddler friendly Eton Mess that I shared with Jackie at Loving Lunches as part of International Blog Swap Day. You can read my recipe here and see what lovely lunch ideas Jackie shared on my blog here

Wednesday 7th May 2014


Wednesday was a manic day! I had so many items on my to do list. I felt quite daunted by it all. However once I got on a roll I got everything ticked off and felt happy. With them all ticked off, I turned the laptop off and started to relax ready for our trip away.

Thursday 8th May 2014




Thursday was the day I had been looking forward to for months! On Thursday we went to York for the start of our mini break away, just the two of us! Oh and not forgetting the reason why we had planned the trip, we were going to see Paul Hollywood's Get Your Bake On show! We started our day by dropping the twins off with my parents at lunch time and made our way to the York Pavilion hotel. This is the hotel were we got married 3 years ago. We were even sat in the room where we had our ceremony. After lunch we check in at the hotel and got ready for the show. As we were early we enjoyed a pre show drink before going to see my baking inspiration! Post coming soon about the show, but I will tell you that we had amazing seats and I loved every second!
 
Friday 9th May 2014
 


 
These are only a few of the photographs which were taken on Friday! I took so many and will be sharing more in another post! On Friday we spent the day in York. We walked all over and did a lot of shopping! The picture above is after the first time we returned to the hotel to drop bags off, we did this another three times! I was well and truly spoilt in Crabtree and Evelyn and Monsoon. We also visited the truly magnificent York Minster. It is such a beautiful building that I looked at in awe. We have a lovely lunch in the quirky Trembling Madness and a delicious steak meal in the evening at Missoula, a foodie post will be coming soon! We finished off our perfect day with a moonlit walk along the river Ouse. It really was a perfect day!
 
Saturday 10th May 2014
 

 
Saturday morning we said goodbye to York. We had missed the children but had enjoyed being just the two of us so we left with mixed feelings. Sad that the break was over as it had been lovely to have the freedom to do what we wanted but more importantly we were us again. But excited to see the children and give them their pressies. This will be something that we will do again, it has done us both the world of good to get away.
 
Sunday 11th May 2014
 
 
My Silent Sunday.
 
Have a lovely week x
 
As always I am sharing my One Picture Everyday for One Year with:
 
The Boy and Me's Project 365 and Make Do and Push's The Week That Was Captured

TheBoyandMe's 365 Linky
 
TWTWC

4 comments:

  1. you are very organised to list all your blog duties like that - i should do the same really!
    Joseph does look very handsome and grown up in his new glasses :) and Bake On sounds great ! lovely that you and hubby got some time away together too x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never write to do lists as they just stress me out. Glad you enjoyed some time away without the children, we never made it to York when we were down there, but one day we just may.

    ReplyDelete
  3. On Monday I wrote myself a list of everything that needed doing during the day as well, and I included everything on it like making meals etc. I never write lists but I needed to be organised and I managed to cross everything but two things off... by midday the *next* day! #fail

    Thanks for linking up to Project 365, new linky live from 9pm tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely week! I adore York - such a gorgeous city :)

    Thank you so much for linking up to #TWTWC xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x