Wednesday 14 May 2014

Alphabet Project - A is for...

There is a new photography project that has started this week that I am really excited to take part in!
Lately I have become so much more interested in photography. I love taking pictures even though I have very limited equipment. When I say limited I mean I use my phone! However I have been getting some really good results!

Anyway, getting back to the Alphabet Project, this is a project that is run by the very talented PODCast. If you do not know the blog pop over and take a look at her beautiful photographs!

Today is the first day so obviously it is the letter A.

My A is

Allium

This beautiful flower is just beginning to open up in our garden. It is a flower that I loved from the second I first saw them. As they open completely they look like a purple puff ball. They are so unusual and different to the regular garden flowers and add such vibrant colour.

That is why my A had to be Allium x

I am sharing this post with PODCast's Alphabet Project pop over and see what others have chosen as their A.

I am also sharing this picture with Love All Blogs Better Photo Project

Love All Blogs Better Photos Project

16 comments:

  1. Oh wow I love allium - or is it alliums?! Such beautiful flowers and great to photograph too. I'll bet you have all kinds of gems in that amazing garden of yours. Fabulous photo, thank you so much for joining in and for your kind words x #alphabetphoto

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, such a lovely colour, and a great photo! #Alphabetphoto

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a really pretty flower. I think you can get some really good shots on phones, although I would love a proper camera!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a lovely photo, I can't get these to grow in my garden at all #alphabetphoto

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's beautiful, I think we need to add more flowers to our garden.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look amazing! This is the first time I saw this breed. Looks pretty & lethal at the same time =) #AlphabetPhoto

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! I love the shape of the petals and of course, the colour ;) Here's my A for #AlphabetPhoto x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great photo, I love alliums, mine are still not opening up yet. #alphabetphoto

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an absolutely beautiful flower. I love discovering each Spring how wonderful the flowers look in the garden again, so easy to forget.

    #alphabetphoto

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a brilliant colour :) #alphabetphoto

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful, I love alliums!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am useless with flower names, beautiful flower and shot.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's an amazing shot - and awesome to capture it on your phone! #alphabetproject

    ReplyDelete
  14. You got this on your phone? Love it. What a great photo! #alphabetphoto

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh wow, it is almost like looking through those kaleidoscopes!!! very pretty #alphabetphoto x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x